When employment opportunities become available at Holston Electric Cooperative, they are published in the classified ads section of local newspapers, on the website, and on indeed.com.
Applications and resumes will not be accepted unless there is an active job opening. All applications and resumes must either be
E-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mailed to Attention: Human Resources, Holston Electric Cooperative, PO Box 190, Rogersville, TN 37857. Faxes shall not be accepted. Please use the application link with the appropriate job posting.
Current job posting:
A Member Service Representative position is currently open.
Resume should be attached with application.
Application deadline is June 14, 2023.
2023 Holston Job Application.pdf
POSITION: MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE – CHURCH HILL OR ROGERSVILLE BRANCH
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF MEMBER SERVICES JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Member Services Representative is responsible for providing member services in a prompt and efficient manner to members, employees,
and the public. Member Services Representative sets up new member accounts and services, receives and processes payments for electric and broadband accounts as well as requests for connections, disconnections, and transfers while adhering to cooperative standards. Other responsibilities shall include but are not limited to greeting visitors, answering inquiries and complaints in a professional manner with a high level of member contact.
- Receives and post cash payments.
- Takes requests for connections, disconnections, and transfers.
- Greets members and visitors.
- Assists member inquiries by phone, in office, and online.
- Directs grievances to designated departments for investigation.
- Prepares cash and checks for deposit.
- Sets up new accounts, services, connections, and disconnections.
- Handles back office duties in addition to daily tasks.
- Assists with the sale of state electrical permits
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision or management. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Office, banking and public relations experience is a plus. SKILLS:
- Ability to deal with the public under stressful circumstances in a fair, calm and understanding way and obtain positive results.
- Strong internal and external communication skills in a professional manner.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate initiative and attention to detail.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus. WORK CONDITIONS:
- Demands for the position are typical of an office environment.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time. OFFICE HOURS:
- Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
RATE OF PAY:
- $16.00 per Hour.
- Highly competitive benefits package includes Health, Dental, Life, LTD, Sick, Vacation and Retirement. PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicant must pass drug screen and physical.
- Applicant may be required to take job related pre-employment tests.
- A background check is required.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH June 14, 2023.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.