Electric Vehicles - More Efficient, Cleaner and Less Expensive
As it turns out, our region is a great place to own an EV! Over half of all energy produced by TVA comes from carbon free sources such as nuclear, hydroelectric dams and renewable sources like wind and solar. The remainder comes from natural gas and coal plants that have dramatically reduced emissions through TVA’s investments in environmental controls. Learn more about Electric Vehicles here!
EV REBATE PROGRAM DETAILS
- What are the advantages of electric vehicles?
- Electric vehicles (EV) can reduce carbon emissions and even save you money. For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of Energy’s Alternative Fuels Data Center.
- Who is eligible for the rebate?
- This offer is valid for residential Holston Electric members with current electric accounts who purchase a new Level 2 (240 volt) EV charger. Applicants must own or lease a battery electric vehicle (BEV) or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) that is charged at home to be eligible for the rebate.
- Where do I purchase my charger equipment?
- You may purchase a new charger from any equipment or retail store that carries EV chargers.
- What types of EV chargers are eligible for the rebates? Rebates are available for any brand of Level 2 EV charger.
- Who handles installation of charger equipment?
- You are responsible for contracting installation.
- Do I need a permit for an EV charger installation?
- You or your contractor are responsible for obtaining any required permits. If you or your contractor are unsure of permitting requirements, contact your local codes enforcement agency.
- How much is the rebate?
- The rebate amount will cover 100% of EV charger equipment costs, up to $500. The Holston rebate does not cover installation costs.
*Rebate amounts subject to change. Only one rebate per charger per service address.
- What other criteria must be met to participate in this program?
- This offer applies only to purchases made after October 1, 2020. Rebate forms must be submitted within 60 days after the installation of the equipment. All supporting documentation must be included.
- What supporting documentation is required?
- In order to receive a rebate, you must attach a copy of the retail receipt for the charger, as well as a photo of the installed EV charger. A copy of your sales agreement or registration for your electric vehicle must also be provided.
- How do I get my rebate?
- Complete the online rebate form at www.holstonelectric.com/electricvehicles. All required documentation must be submitted.
- How long will it take to get my rebate?
- Your rebate will appear on your current Holston account within 60 days of application approval.
- I own several properties. Are all of my properties eligible to participate?
- All current Holston residential electric customers are eligible to participate in the rebate program. However, only one rebate per EV charger for each dwelling is eligible for a maximum rebate amount of $500.
- Who should I contact with any questions concerning my rebate submission?
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any general inquiries about the rebate program or any questions related to your application for a rebate.
Terms and Conditions:
- This offer is only valid for existing residential Holston electric customers who have a current electric account in good standing and who install a new Level 2 (240- volt outlet) EV charger.
- Applicants must own or lease a battery electric vehicle (BEV) or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) that is charged at home to be eligible for the rebate.
- New charger installations are eligible for a rebate based on the current rebate schedule. The rebate schedule may be adjusted by Holston from time to time without notice.
- Holston’s rebate program will be reviewed annually to allow for program adjustments. The rebate program is subject to change or discontinuance without notice.
- The rebate program will allow only one rebate per charger for a maximum total rebate amount of $500 per dwelling.
- Qualifying purchases must be new; used chargers are not eligible for rebates.
- This rebate program offer is not valid for the replacement of existing Level 2 (240-volt outlet) EV chargers.
- This rebate program offer is not available for chargers installed for newly constructed homes, condominiums, apartments, townhomes or any other residential dwellings.
- The customer must apply for any rebate under this program within 60 days after the equipment installation.
- To qualify for a rebate the customer must submit the rebate form, a copy of the retail receipt for the EV charger equipment, a copy of the electric vehicle sales ticket or registration, and a photo of the installed charger.
- To qualify for a rebate the customer must provide all of the information as requested by Holston. Customers submitting incomplete forms will be notified and given 30 days to resubmit.
- Rebates will be issued as a credit to the customer’s Holston account.
- Holston reserves the right to substantiate sales receipts, model numbers and installation information. Holston also reserves the right to request additional documentation and/or a physical inspection.